Calling all Nature Explorers!
Using the Zoo’s natural setting, Nature Explorers Preschool focuses on developing the “whole child” -- i.e., cognitive, physical, social, emotional, and creative development. Curriculum increases direct contact time with the outdoors through discoveries about the Zoo plants and animals. Children ages 3, 4 and 5 will have daily zoo explorations, interactions with “animal ambassadors” in the classroom, and participate in special events.
2016-17 Parent Handbook -- coming soon.
- 2017-2018 open enrollment begins April 14, 2017
- Must be 3-5 years on or before September 1, 2017
- Classes run September 4, 2017 to May 25, 2018
Preschool Open House!
Nature Explorers Preschool at the Oklahoma City Zoo will begin open enrollment for the 2017-2018 school year on April 14th. To learn more, join us at our open houses April 6 6:30-8:00 and April 8 12:00-2:00 at the Rosser Education Center where you will have the opportunity to meet the teachers, tour the classroom, and explore our critter booth!
- Option 1- Monday and Wednesday from 9am to 1pm; or
- Option 2- Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 1pm
- Option 3- Add Friday to either option 1 or 2
- A $50 non-refundable enrollment fee is required to reserve your child's spot.
- $195/month for two day preschool
- $245/month for three day preschool
Jordan Long, Education Registrar at (405-) 425-0218 or by email.
Preschool Slide Show
Take a peek at what Nature Explorers students did last year!