Are you looking for an opportunity to give back to your community and make an impact on conservation while having fun? Join our adult volunteer program!
Come to an Open House to learn more!
Adult volunteers begin by assisting guests with Wayfinding and special events.
After completing 10 hours of service in wayfinding and special events, you may explore these level 1 volunteer opportunities:
horticulture | clerical | survey collection
After completing 10 hours of service in level 1 opportunities, you may explore these level 2 volunteer opportunities.
sea lion presentations | elephant presentations | stingray bay | maintenance
After completing 10 hours of service in level 2 opportunities, you may explore these level 3 volunteer opportunities.
giraffe feeding | commissary
Volunteers who have completed 50 hours of service and 3 special event shifts, may apply for our animal husbandry aide volunteer program. Our animal husbandry aide volunteer positions vary in their level of commitment and physical requirements.
- Complete orientation.
- Complete 50 hours of service and 3 special event shifts each year.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass a background check and drug screening.
- Purchase uniform shirt or shirts. The cost is $15 (short-sleeved) and $20 (long-sleeved) each.
- Each opportunity has a different set of physical requirements. Please see the descriptions above.
- All volunteers must abide by the Zoo’s Personal Appearance Guidelines.
- The OKC Zoo is not designated as a 501(c)(3).
- Click here for the Frequently Asked Questions about our volunteer programs.
- Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.