The Administrative Assistant assists with the administration of day-to-day operations and carries out responsibilities in the following areas: HRIS, benefits, compensation, employment, and finance. This position contributes to the accomplishment of human resources and financial practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce at the Zoo.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Performs administrative duties to support the Human Resources and Finance departments.
- Answer employee questions regarding forms and procedures, and refer to generalist as needed
- Gather, organize and file paperwork for employee and financial records.
- Assist with general human resources and finance clerical duties, such as creating personnel files, posting jobs, scheduling applications, processing applications, financial reporting, data collection, and other finance related duties/responsibilities.
Non Essential Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
(The list of knowledge, skills, and other characteristics are representative of the requirements to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Knowledge of the rights, responsibilities, and benefits of Oklahoma City Zoological Park employees.
- Knowledge of the Oklahoma City Zoological Park's employment, compensation, and benefits practices.
- Knowledge of basic word processing, database, and graphic applications.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Human Resources and Finance Departments
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Oklahoma City Zoological Park
- Skill and proficiency in operating standard office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones.
- Skill in database management and record keeping.
- Skill in maintaining filing/records systems.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of basic mathematical calculations.
- Skill in preparing a variety of records, reports, and correspondence using appropriate format and computer software.
- Skill in understanding and following complex instructions and directions.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, vendors, City of Oklahoma City personnel, and the public, both in person and through phone, e-mail and written correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; skill in working in an environment subject to constant interruptions and quickly changing priorities; ability to prioritize responsibilities when necessary; effective time-management skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
- Ability to practice safe work methods, identifying work place hazards, and using appropriate safety equipment.
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for periods of time, and bend, stoop, and kneel, intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong sensory skills, such as eyesight, hearing, and dexterity.
- This position may include exposure to: dust on an occasional basis.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
(To perform the job successfully, an individual must have the following minimum qualifications.)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job description.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
First consideration given by June 21, 2019.