The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo cares for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120 acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong, and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic and progressive leader to join the Maintenance team to maintain the Zoo’s buildings, grounds and exhibits. The ideal candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels and possess excellent communication and organizational skills to function effectively in a team environment.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician performs complex multi-trade work in the construction, renovation, installation, maintenance, and repair of all the Zoo’s facilities and exhibits to ensure the safety of animals, staff, and the public. This position has the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform all operational requirements in the assigned area responsibilities as directed by the Assistant Maintenance Manager.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre‐established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical and electronics maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs journeyman level carpentry, masonry work and painting.
- Performs tasks involving minor computer skills.
- Performs journeyman level locksmith duties.
- Performs material estimates and has the ability to read blueprints.
- Performs heavy equipment operation.
- Performs general maintenance of all facilities.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety in the workplace through staff training and implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
- Cleans and cares for all tools and equipment needed for job assignments.
- 4 years of experience working in multi-trade field, but not limited to, building construction, maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some vocational/technical/business school or training.
- Valid Forklift License (within 6 months of hire).
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job
- Ability to pass annual TB
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please send resumes to the Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oklahoma City Zoo has a Smoke-Free Environment, is a Drug-Free Workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.