The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo cares for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120 acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong, and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic HVAC Mechanic to join the Maintenance team. The ideal candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels and possess excellent communication and organizational skills to function effectively in a team environment.
The HVAC Mechanic installs, maintains, and repairs heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment/systems. This position maintains the proper operations, temperatures, and safety of HVAC equipment/systems.
- Inspects, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment/systems.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains a variety of food service/restaurant equipment, including refrigerators, freezers, deep fat fryers, ice cream machines, ice makers, and other specialized equipment.
- Orders/purchases parts/supplies needed for maintenance/repair work. Schedules replacement/repair work with sub-contractors.
- Maintains storage room of parts, tools, materials, and equipment.
- Experience equivalent to two years of full time journey level work installing, maintaining, and/or repairing heating, ventilation, and/or air-conditioning equipment/systems and refrigeration systems.
- Completion of a vocational/trade school course or recognized apprenticeship program in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Must possess Unlimited (Contractor’s) licenses from the State of Oklahoma and the City of Oklahoma City in Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Gas Fitting and be EPA 1 and 2 or EPA 3 (Universal) certified at time of hire.
- Must obtain Boiler Operator license within 6 months of hire.
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job description.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license and pass a Driver’s History check to operate Zoo vehicles.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oklahoma City Zoo has a Smoke-Free Environment, is a Drug-Free Workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.