The Tram Driver transports the guests through the park, while narrating a history of the Zoo. This position interacts with the public and enhances guest experiences.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Operate a multi-car tram while narrating an educational tour of the Zoo.
- Ensure safety and proper operations of the tram.
- Assist guests in safely boarding and exiting the tram.
- Provide excellent guest service while remaining on schedule and safety conscious throughout the tour.
- Maintain quality appearance of interior and exterior of the tram.
- Educate the public and provide positive guest experiences.
- Collaborate with other Zoo departments.
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to push, lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and move intermittently throughout the day.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional increases due to large groups of people in Zoo buildings and on grounds.
- Exposure to external environmental conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays and during emergency situations such as dictated by weather.
- At least 21 years of age.
- 6 months or more of driving a passenger vehicle preferred.
- Prior experience in tourism, public speaking, theater/drama productions.
- Ability to clearly communicate and convey information to the guests.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
- Guest Service experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license and a clean driving record.