Employment Status: Part-Time
Starting Pay: $10.75 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Experience Required: At least eighteen (18) years of age with some customer service or team experience.
Minimum Education Requirements: High School diploma or G.E.D.
Department: Guest Experience.
Direct Supervisor: Brand Ambassador Team Lead/Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibility: Direct (0); Indirect (0)
Primary Work Location: Zoo Setting both indoors and outdoors.
Certification: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and drug test. Valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license to be eligible to operate Zoo carts.
Job Summary: Brand Ambassador Guides represent the Zoo at the highest level by connecting guests with wildlife and wild places in meaningful ways. The Guide is responsible for giving in-depth knowledge of the Zoo and animals on tours and stations throughout the park.
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Push, lift, and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Bend, stoop, kneel, and move intermittently throughout the day.
- May be exposed to fumes, odors, dust, moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals.
* The Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Garden is gearing up for its 2020 Spring Hiring Event. We are now accepting applications for several positions within our Guest Experience department. Qualified candidates will be contacted as early as December 9th to schedule interviews and hiring will begin February 15th.
**This position description is a general guideline for work behavior and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Therefore, it is also not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks. Must be able to successfully complete an intense background investigation.