The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo cares for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120-acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong, and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic leader to join the Buildings and Grounds team to perform custodial housekeeping and grounds duties. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining areas from exterior grounds, buildings and offices.
The ideal candidate must maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, provide exceptional guest service, and have the ability to lead by example. Must be available to work holidays, evenings and weekends. Position requires work in extreme weather conditions. Shift hours are 6 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Performs General Housekeeping/Custodial Services duties.
- Assists guests and provides excellent Guest Service.
- Removes litter and debris from gardens, pathways, and grounds.
- Guides assigned part time team members throughout their day and ensures productivity.
- Performs a variety of general cleaning and sanitizing duties to maintain public restrooms, buildings, and grounds. (e.g. vacuuming/scrubbing floors, washing windows/equipment, dusting furniture, emptying trash containers, trash/litter pick up.) Hosing down ramps/patios, sanitizing restroom facilities, clearing pathways, sidewalks, parking lots, and drives.
- Performs various minor building maintenance/repair duties. (e.g. stripping, waxing, and buffing floors, carpet cleaning, changing light bulbs, and painting.)
- Experience equivalent to one-year full time Housekeeping/ Custodial work, including exterior cleanup OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job description.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
Please apply online or send resumes to the Human Resources Department, at Humanresources@okczoo.org.