The Oklahoma City Zoo & Botanical Garden strives to connect people with the world’s vanishing wildlife and wild places. The Zoo & Botanical Garden is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. We care for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120-acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for the Executive Driector & CEO and Trustees.
- Manage CEO calendar and contacts
- Work with the CEO and/or Senior Staff to manage projects
- Maintain executive files
- Manage Zoo travel program to include securing travel arrangements
- Receive and resolve inquiries/complaints from the public
- Prepare a variety of reports and documents, including meeting agendas, publications, correspondence, various narrative/statistical records/reports, directories, and mailing lists.
- Perform support activities, including inventorying equipment, supplies, and materials and requesting additional supplies as needed.
- Coordinate meetings and record minutes for Oklahoma City Zoological Trust; maintain index of all minutes and meeting materials.
- Coordinate public bidding of certain projects
- Oversee open records requests, distribute to proper parties, and prepare response with requested information.
- Tracks cross-departmental work on the Strategic Plan and provides updates and reports to the CEO
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in executive level administrative support
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to interact professionally with people of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
- Ability to administer confidential matters with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Professional business orientation and acumen
- Ability to use good judgement and skilled in anticipating needs
- Approachable style; ability to connect with employees and establish rapport
- Ability to project a positive and cheerful demeanor, especially in stressful situations
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform all clerical duties
- Working knowledge of the Zoo and its mission
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
First consideration given by July 24, 2019