Position Summary: Performs work in the construction, renovation, installation, maintenance, and repair of all of the Zoo’s facilities and exhibits, with a particular focus on HVAC.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Trim carpentry and framing
- Electrical, plumbing, welding, painting and HVAC work
- Install commercial and residential sheetrock, framing and sheet metal
- Commercial and residential glass installation, cutting, maintenance and repair
- Commercial overhead door, window, door, ceiling grid, animal containment and hardware work
- Concrete work, including slabs and finishing, brick, clock, artificial rock/trees and road work
- Installation/repair of roofing, flooring, appliances, food equipment, rides, guttering, insulation and pumps
- Updates and programs various building electronic opening systems
- Material and construction research and creates estimates
- Changes and cleans HVAC filters throughout the facility
- Cleans a variety of HVAC condensers and coils
- Changes a variety of commercial HVAC equipment belts and pulleys
- Daily interaction with guests while on grounds
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Some vocational/technical/business school or training preferred
- 6+ years multi-trades field experience
- Oklahoma Locksmith License
- Valid Forklift License
- Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the job successfully
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license (within 30 days of hire) and pass Driver’s History check to operate Zoo vehicles.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing to accomplish goals.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer programs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of basic principles, techniquest, practices and skills to perform work in a variety of trades (i.e. commericial/residential maintenance, carpentry, masonry, drywall and painting).
- Ability to operate a variety of hand/power tools as needed, as well as reading a tape measure.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and directions.
No direct supervisory responsibilities but will handle activities related to Maintenance.
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to push, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and move intermittently throughout the day.
- Driving around the Oklahoma City area throughout the year.
- Exposure to vibrations, fumes, gases, odors and dust, chemical, electrical and mechanical hazards, poor ventilation, explosive material and moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional increases.
- High exposure to external environmental conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals.
First consideration given by July 17, 2019