The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo is comprised of a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120-acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic and progressive Grounds Supervisor to join its Buildings and Grounds team. The Grounds Supervisor provides leadership and supervision to the team, plans, coordinates, and reviews the day-to-day activities of the Grounds Technicians. This position maintains the appearance and safety of the Zoo’s grounds. Must be capable and certified to do all work and tasks assigned to subordinates in the department.
All employees are expected to be sensitive to our guest’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect the Oklahoma City Zoo’s core values and to perform at company standards of excellence at all times to support and model the Zoo’s mission, vision and values.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Maintains the appearance and safety of the Zoo’s grounds.
- Plans the daily duties for the Grounds Maintenance Technicians.
- Coordinates and reviews daily activities of the Grounds Maintenance Technicians.
- Maintains the zoo-wide irrigation; works with animal areas to maintain exhibit yards.
- Maintains power equipment.
- Works with contractors.
- Runs heavy equipment as needed.
- Oversee day to day operations of the department to include coordinating and reviewing daily activities of the Grounds Technicians.
- Oversee personnel supervision, training, and mentoring.
- Assist in creating, implementing, and reviewing department protocols and procedures.
- Liaison between Grounds department and outside departments at the Zoo.
- Research, review, and order department equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and oversee report summaries and department documentation.
- Assist the department manager with selecting and interviewing potential candidates.
- Provide quality customer service to guests and employees in the service delivery of Grounds.
- Respond to Zoo “Code” emergencies and drills in accordance with Zoo policy.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays and during emergencies such as dictated by weather.
- Three year’s landscape/grounds maintenance experience including installation, maintenance and repair of sprinkler systems. At least one-year supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license and pass a Driver’s History check to operate Zoo vehicles.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check and a drug test.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email email@example.com.
The Oklahoma City Zoo has a Smoke-Free Environment, is a Drug-Free Workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
First consideration given to resumes received September 30, 2019.