The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo cares for a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120-acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong, and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking an enthusiastic leader to join the Housekeeping team. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining areas from exterior grounds to buildings.
The ideal candidate must maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels, provide exceptional guest service, and have the ability to lead by example. Must be available to work holidays, evenings and weekends. Position requires work in extreme weather conditions.
- Performs General Housekeeping/Custodial Services duties over an assigned area.
- Assists guests and provides excellent Guest Service. Removes litter and debris from gardens, pathways, and grounds.
- Guides assigned part time team members throughout their day and ensures productivity.
- Performs a variety of general cleaning and sanitizing duties to maintain public restrooms, buildings, and grounds. (e.g. vacuuming/scrubbing floors, washing windows/equipment, dusting furniture, emptying trash containers, trash/litter pick up.) Hosing down ramps/patios, sanitizing restroom facilities, clearing pathways, sidewalks, parking lots, and drives.
- Performs various minor building maintenance/repair duties. (e.g. stripping, waxing, and buffing floors, carpet cleaning, changing light bulbs, and painting.)
- Experience equivalent to one-year full time Housekeeping/ Custodial work, including exterior cleanup OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in this job description.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license and pass a Driver’s History check to operate Zoo vehicles.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please apply online or send resumes to the Human Resources Department, to Humanresources@okczoo.org.
Posting closes end of business day on 9/22/2019.