The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the American Association of Museums. The Zoo is comprised of a diverse collection of plants and animals on a 120-acre campus. We enjoy strong community support and an annual attendance in excess of 1,000,000 guests. The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is financially strong and is actively implementing an exciting master plan.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden is seeking one Security Officer/EMT and one Security Officer to join its Security team. The Security Officer ensures the safety and security for guests, employees, and animal collections to support and model the Zoo’s mission, vision and values. This position works with Zoo departments, vendors, contractors, and guests to provide a safe, secure, and enjoyable experience.
All employees are expected to be sensitive to our guest’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect the Oklahoma City Zoo’s core values and to perform at company standards of excellence at all times to support and model the Zoo’s mission, vision and values.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Provides quality customer service to guests and employees in the service delivery of Safety and Security
- Inspects buildings and grounds for safety conditions
- Patrols Zoo grounds to ensure safety of guests, staff, animal collection and buildings
- Provides traffic control on grounds and parking lot
- Renders first aid or calls for emergency medical assistance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Zoo staff, vendors and public
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of staff development
- Identifies potential problems or opportunities for improvement and takes appropriate action
- Assumes custody of lost or found articles and maintains records.
- Qualify, train, and respond as a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Responds to Zoo “Code” emergencies and drills in accordance with Zoo policy
- Takes command regarding accidents, disturbances, or other emergency situations on Zoo grounds;
- Documents and maintains records.
- EMT preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Some vocational/technical/business school or training preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the job successfully
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma motor vehicle operator’s license (within 30 days of hire) and pass Driver’s History check to operate Zoo vehicles.
- Qualify, train, and respond as a member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) (within 60 days of hire)
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Human Resources Department, Oklahoma City Zoological Park, 2101 N.E. 50th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Oklahoma City Zoo has a Smoke-Free Environment, is a Drug-Free Workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
First consideration given to resumes received by September 4, 2019.