Join the OKC Zoo Team
Are you looking for a meaningful part-time job?
Do you love connecting people with wildlife and wild places?
Do you love working outdoors to bring adventures to life?
Then the OKC Zoo has a job for you!
The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden is now hiring part-time Brand Ambassadors for Spring / Summer 2019! Brand Ambassadors perform a variety of skilled tasks throughout the Zoo, including ticket sales, entry / exit greeters, ride supervisors for the Endangered Species Carousel, Elephant Express Tram and Centennial Choo Choo train, as well as supervise a number of guest encounters with our wildlife!
How old do you have to be?
Brand ambassadors must be at least 16 years old and have valid I.D.
How much do you pay?
Starting pay for Brand Ambassadors begins at $9.00.
What are the hours?
Part-time hours range from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays, with the opportunity to work several evening events.
How do I apply?
Complete this job application and submit it to email@example.com.
Brand Ambassadors are the first, last and perhaps only Zoo employee that OKC Zoo guests engage with during their 2.5 hour (average) experience. Brand Ambassadors are representatives of the Zoo’s promise to connect guests with wildlife and wild places in meaningful ways. Brand Ambassadors have an immense influence on how the OKC Zoo is experienced and remembered by more than a million visitors annually.
What does a Brand Ambassador do?
Brand Ambassadors use a diverse skill set across a range of Zoo functions that assist guests enjoy their visit. Brand Ambassadors must be quick thinking, organized, courteous, knowledgeable, able to follow clear directions, outgoing and friendly. The ability to speak with guests, answer visitor questions and provide solutions to problems is essential. Brand Ambassadors are placed throughout the Zoo at some of our most popular locations, including:
- Front Gate Cashiers
- Entry and Exit Greeters
- Strollers / ECV rentals
- The Nectaurant / Lorikeet habitat
- The Children’s Zoo
- Stingray Bay
- The Sea Lion show
- Centennial Choo Choo Train
- Endangered Species Carousel
- The Elephant Express Tram
Essential Functions of the Brand Ambassador
- Provide a wide range of information to guests about the Zoo’s animals, attractions and conservation efforts
- Perform detailed tasks in a timely and safe manner
- Collaborate with other Zoo departments and Zoo partners
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Handle financial transactions requiring strong math skills
- Enforce Zoo’s rules and regulations
- Report visitor concerns and park problems to supervisors quickly
- Help guests make memories to last a lifetime
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to push, lift and carry up to 25 lbs independently.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and move intermittently throughout the day.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional increases due to large groups of people in Zoo buildings and on ground.
- Exposure to external environmental conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals.
- Ability to report to work on time as scheduled.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays and during emergency situations such as dictated by weather.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Prior experience in tourism, hospitality, public speaking, theater/drama productions
- Ability to clearly communicate and convey information to the guests.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.
Complete this job application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org