The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers internships for college students in a variety of study areas within the Zoo. This opportunity allows students to learn essential skills while gaining hands-on experience.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers internships in the following areas of study:
- Animal Management (Areas may include: Apes, Birds, Carnivores, Hoofstock, Marine Mammals, Pachyderms, and Reptiles & Amphibians)
- Behavioral Husbandry
- Conservation Education
- Complete orientation and training.
- Complete at least 312 hours of service.
- Complete assignments, based on the field of study.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a college student.
- Pass a background check and drug screening.
- Purchase a uniform shirt or shirts. The cost is $15 (short-sleeved) or $20 (long-sleeved) each.
- Physical requirements will vary by opportunity.
- Some positions also require proof of a current, negative TB test.
How to Apply
- 2019 Application Deadlines
The 2019 Summer Semester deadline has passed
Fall Semester 2019 – deadline May 15, 2019
Spring Semester 2020 – deadline October 15, 2019
- Please complete the application form above.
- In addition, please email your résumé to email@example.com.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview after the closing date.
- Internship Program Summary
- Our internships are unpaid. The intern is responsible for all housing, transportation, and healthcare.
- It is the intern’s responsibility to work with their academic institution to obtain academic credit for this internship. The Zoo will provide any necessary documentation.
- All volunteers must abide by the Zoo’s Personal Appearance Guidelines.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OKC Zoo is able to offer a limited number of preceptorships for clinical (4th year) veterinary students and post-graduate veterinarians. These vary in length from 3-6 weeks.
To apply: Please send a current résumé or CV, at least 2 references, and a list of preferred dates to Dr. Jennifer D’Agostino at email@example.com.