The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers internships for college students in a variety of study areas within the Zoo. This opportunity allows students to learn essential skills while gaining hands-on experience.
The Oklahoma City Zoological Park & Botanical Garden offers internships in the following areas of study:
- Complete orientation and training.
- Complete at least 96 hours of service: 16 hours per week for 6 weeks.
- Complete assignments, based on the field of study.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a college student earning credit hours for the experience.
- Pass a background check and drug screening.
- Require proof of a current, negative TB test.
- Physical requirements will vary by opportunity.
- Purchase a uniform shirt: $15 short-sleeve or $20 long-sleeve.
How to Apply
- 2020 Application Deadlines
- Spring 2020 semesters – Application Deadline is Dec 1, 2019
- Summer 2020 semester – Application Deadline is Feb 28, 2020
- Fall 2020 semesters – Application deadline is May 15, 2020
- Please complete the application form above.
- In addition, please email your résumé to email@example.com.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview after the closing date.
- Our internships are unpaid. The intern is responsible for all housing, transportation, and healthcare.
- It is the intern’s responsibility to work with their academic institution to obtain academic credit for this internship. The Zoo will provide any necessary documentation.
- All volunteers must abide by the Zoo’s Personal Appearance Guidelines.
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OKC Zoo is able to offer a limited number of preceptorships for clinical (fourth year) veterinary students and post-graduate veterinarians. These vary in length from 3-6 weeks.
To apply: Please send a current résumé’ or CV, at least 2 references, and a list of preferred dates to Dr. Jennifer D’Agostino at email@example.com.