OKC ZOO & DR PEPPER VENDING MACHINE ART CONTEST
NOW - March 31, 2018
The Oklahoma City Zoo and Dr Pepper invite Oklahoma students to participate in the 14th annual Dr Pepper Vending Machine Art Contest for a chance to have their design displayed on a Dr Pepper machine at the Zoo and win wild prizes. We want students to create original designs incorporating the contest theme “2018 is the Year of the Bird: Celebrate our World’s Winged Wonders.”
About the theme: “Year of the Bird: Celebrate our World’s Winged Wonders”
National Geographic has declared 2018 to be the “Year of the Bird” to mark the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and announced a year-long campaign dedicated to raising awareness for birds. In support of this effort, the OKC Zoo is encouraging aspiring artists, conservationists to celebrate the “Year of the Bird” and illustrate how best they would help our world’s winged wonders with their entries for the Dr Pepper Vending Machine Art Contest.
The OKC Zoo is proud to join forces with National Geographic, National Audubon Society, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, BirdLife International, and millions of nature lovers in this global effort around the globe to help birds and their habitats. This campaign aims to remind people of the wonder and beauty of birds and the responsibility we all have for caring for our shared planet. To get started, visitors to BirdYourWorld.org will discover simple but meaningful steps that anyone can take to help birds each month and join a pledge to participate.
- Oklahoma students, K-12 may enter through their school, home school, civic group (e.g. Scouts), or on their own.
- Lower (K-5) and Upper (6-12)
- Designs must be vertical and created on an official entry form.
- Xerox copies of the entry form are acceptable.
- All mediums accepted including computer-generated art. Consider using bright colors!
- Written messages are not required but if included they should be legible, relevant to the contest theme.
- Entries will be judged based upon relevance to the contest theme, creativity and meeting all art specifications.
Contest winners will be notified by email or phone. Winners and their teachers/parents are encouraged to attend an award presentation during the OKC Zoo’s Party for the Planet celebration on Sunday, April 22, 2018, at 2 p.m.
- Grand Prize Winners:
- There will be one Grand Prize Winner per division: Lower (K-5) and Upper (6-12).
- Each winner will receive a $300 Visa gift card, a certificate and have their design displayed as the cover of a Dr Pepper vending machine at the Zoo for a year.
- First Place: Winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card and a certificate.
- AZA Choice: Winner will receive a $50 Visa gift card and a certificate.
- Zoo Director‛s Top 10 Honor Roll: Each winner will receive a $25 Visa gift card and a certificate.
Drawing for $1,529 toward an OCSP account:
- All students who submit a design on an official contest entry form will be entered into a random drawing to win $1,529 toward an OCSP account.
- Students can submit more than one design but may only be entered into the drawing once.
- The winning name will be drawn on or around April 11, 2018, by a member of the Zoo’s Marketing/Public Relations team.
- The winner will be notified by phone.
- The winner will be recognized during the OKC Zoo’s Party for the Planet celebration on Sunday, April 22, 2018, at 2 p.m.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Need not be present to win.
Regarding official entry forms:
- Entries must be postmarked by March 31, 2018.
- Official forms are available online here, request one via email by contacting Candice Rennels at (405) 425-0298. Entry forms will also be available in the Zoo’s Guest Services office 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- All entries submitted become property of the Oklahoma City Zoo.
- Mail entries to: The OKC Zoo, Attn: DP Art Contest, 2000 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73111
- Contest guidelines can be downloaded here. All submissions must be postmarked by March 31.
- For more information, contact Candice Rennels at (405) 425-0298.