The Oklahoma City Zoo welcomes volunteer assistance for many projects. Our group volunteer program offers groups an opportunity to help keep our Zoo in top form. Our projects are designed to give your group a sense of ownership in the Zoo while building your team.
Our group volunteer projects may include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: yardwork, gardening, cleaning, painting, craft preparation, or helping with special event preparations. We choose your project based on your date selection and group size.
- We require at least 2 weeks’ notice to schedule a project. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We can accommodate groups from 3-30 participants. Please be aware that we may need to separate your group into smaller groups for some projects.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old. For safety, children cannot accompany adults.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver of liability and provide an emergency contact number.
- School groups are required to provide contact information for their faculty advisor.
- All participants must arrive at the designated time and stay with the group for the duration of the shift. We cannot accommodate late-comers or individuals leaving early, as the work is usually behind the scenes.
- All participants should dress for the weather in clothing that can get dirty. Shoes must be closed-toe with a back and have good traction. Clothing cannot depict anything that is offensive.
- To sign-up, please register your group on the form below.
- When we receive your registration, we will send you a general confirmation email to confirm the date, time, and general information. After our staff have selected your project, you’ll receive a second confirmation to help you plan for your experience.
- The OKC Zoo is not designated as a 501(c)(3).
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.