Volunteer alongside our animal caretaker teams to maintain and care for Zoo habitats and animal care areas, diet preparation, and more! While husbandry aides work near our animals, these assignments do not involve direct animal contact, handling, or training.
As we have a diverse collection of animals here at the Zoo, duties will vary by animal area. However, husbandry aides may generally expect to
- Communicate with guests about our animals and what they can do to conserve wildlife
- Assist caretakers with diet preparation and dishes
- Keep animal care areas and behind-the-scenes areas clean and orderly
- Clean outdoor and indoor habitat areas. Everything from removing waste to washing windows.
- Must be 16 years of age
- Completion of a volunteer application, orientation, and training
- Commitment to volunteering once a week, on a consistent day, for a minimum of 6 months
- Approved through screening process, including a background check and interview
- Ability to tolerate reasonable weather conditions
- Is safety conscious and can closely follow direction
- Ability to walk or self-transport throughout the Zoo
- Can lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions