Adventurers of all ages can discover a variety of exciting activities throughout the Zoo's grounds.
All rides and experiences are weather-permitting.
Closed for the season
Elephant Express Tram
Embark and disembark at two different locations in the Zoo!
11:00am to 4:00pm Daily
Cost: $6 per person. Children two and under are free with paying adult.
Like walking into a rainbow, guests can enter the lorikeet habitat and feed them fresh nectar (provided). Participants under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by a paying adult.
11:00am - 4:00pm Daily
Cost: $4 per person.
Giraffe Feeding Platform
Come face-to-face with our gentle giants–Ellie, Julu, Demetri and Mashamba!
2:00pm - 3:00pm Saturday and Sunday only
Cost: $5 per person.
For one of the most magical experiences in the OKC Zoo, arrange to feed one of the Zoo’s most popular residents – an Indian Rhino!
11:30am - 12pm Thursday - Sunday only at Sanctuary Asia
Cost: $10 per person.
Catch the wave for a “touching” experience at Stingray Bay.
Participants under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by a paying adult. Shellfish allergy warning.
11:00am - 4:00pm Cost: $4 per person. Children two and under are free.
Stingray Feedings: 11:30am - 12:30pm
Saturday and Sunday only Cost: Additional $3 per person.
Endangered Species Carousel
A handcrafted, one-of-a-kind carousel made from basswood and displays 42 endangered animals.
11:00am to 4:00pm Daily
Cost: $3 per person.
Safari Cart Tour
A 2-hour tour for up to seven guests. Carts are not able to go into all areas of the Zoo. Admission to the Zoo is not included and must be purchased separately. Guests must reserve at least two weeks in advance. Call 405-425-0262 to reserve or for more information.
10am, 1pm, and 3pm Daily
Go Behind the Scenes:
Wild Encounters enable groups of up to 10 people to get up close and personal with grizzly bears, galapagos tortoises, Indian rhinos, Bison, sea lions and Asian elephants. Participants will be led by guides to restricted areas not seen by the general public to learn more about how expert animal caretakers provide superior care for each animal.
• Parents are limited to bringing in one child under 5 for each guardian over the age of 18.
• Children age 0-2 are free but must be held by parent or guardian the entire time. Strollers are not allowed behind the scenes.
• Crying children may be asked to step away from animal experience area for safety reasons.
• Participants under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased and is attending the same Wild Encounter
• For elephant encounters, guests may participate in an elephant interaction from a standard wheelchair or walker, but not permitted to approach an elephant from a motorized cart.
• For Komodo Dragon Encounter, Guests must be at least 10 years old to attend.
• Masks are recommended for guests age 3 and older when participating on any Wild Encounter when going indoors
The Zoo’s behind-the-scenes experiences are wilder than ever! Tickets are based on per person basis for each encounter schedule below:
Wild Encounters - Komodo Dragon
Go behind the scenes in Sanctuary Asia for an up-close encounter with the Zoo’s resident Komodo Dragons! Available only Sundays
Wild Encounters - Bears
Slowing down for the Winter! Will return in the Spring.
Wild Encounters - Bison
Go behind the scenes for a Wild Encounter with Oklahoma's state mammal - The American bison!
Wild Encounters - Indian Rhinos
Go behind the scenes in Sanctuary Asia for an up-close encounter with the Zoo's resident Indian Rhinos! Monday - Wednesday only!
Wild Encounters - Galapagos Tortoises
Go behind the scenes for an up-close encounter with some of the Zoos oldest and most beloved residents – the Galapagos tortoises!
Wild Encounters - Asian Elephants
Go behind the scenes for an up-close encounter with some of the Zoos largest and most beloved residents – the Asian Elephants!