Are you looking for a fun opportunity to give back to your community or fulfill service learning hours for school? Join us as a volunteer at a special event.
Special event volunteers assist with a variety of conservation and holiday-themed events. They perform a variety of tasks, such as passing out candy to trick-or-treaters, giving medals to 5K runners, and assisting guests with wayfinding at evening events.
For group opportunities available throughout the year, please click here.
2018 Event Opportunities
*All dates and times are subject to change*
Zoo Blooms Planting
9:00am-3:00pm (includes 1 hr lunch break)
12 years with chaperone
- Serve at least 1 full special event shift. Most of these shifts are about 3-5 hours in length, including event orientation.
- Age requirements vary by event (see chart above).
- Ability to walk or self-transport to the appropriate station.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for up to 5 hours.
- Ability to work in reasonable weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Hand dexterity to use clicker counter, collect tickets, or distribute materials.
- Zoo Blooms volunteers must be able to bend, stoop, and kneel to plant bulbs.
- Must sign a waiver of liability and provide an emergency contact for the event date.
- Volunteers receive documentation of service hours, a free Zoo admission ticket, and prize opportunities.
- Information about what to wear or bring with you will be detailed in your confirmation email.
- Volunteers who do not adhere to safety or other Zoo rules will not be allowed to volunteer.
- The OKC Zoo is not designated as a 501(c)(3).
- We cannot provide court-appointed community service.
- Please contact email@example.com with any additional questions.