Join us for Haunt the Zoo!
Special event volunteers assist with a variety of conservation and holiday-themed events. They perform a variety of tasks, such as passing out candy to trick-or-treaters, giving medals to 5K runners, and assisting guests with wayfinding at evening events.
Haunt the Zoo 2020 will be Saturdays and Sundays from Oct 17- Nov 1. Volunteer sign-up will begin in August.
- Serve at least 1 shift of about 3-5 hours in length, including an event orientation.
- Age requirements vary by event. (See chart above)
- Ability to walk or self-transport to the appropriate station.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for up to 5 hours.
- Ability to work in reasonable weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Hand dexterity to use clicker counter, collect tickets, or distribute materials.
- Volunteers receive documentation of service hours, a free Zoo admission ticket, and prize opportunities.
- Information about what to wear or bring with you will be detailed in your confirmation email.
- Volunteers who do not adhere to safety or other Zoo rules will not be allowed to volunteer.
- The OKC Zoo is not designated as a 501(c)(3).
- We cannot provide court-appointed community service.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.