ZOO CREW TEEN VOLUNTEERS
Are you a teen wanting to find a fun way to spend your summer that will also make an impact on wildlife and our environment?
Zoo Crew Teen Volunteers are a specially selected group of students who serve as conservation leaders by connecting guests with wildlife and conservation topics.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be hosting the Zoo Crew program for the summer of 2021. Please be sure to check back in Spring 2022 for information about volunteer opportunities.
Our Zoo Crew volunteers help our guests connect to wildlife and learn about conservation topics by hosting activity stations throughout the Zoo during the summer.
These volunteers will be using real animal artifacts and hands-on activities to help guests better understand animals and how they can help wildlife in their everyday lives.
- Complete training.
- Serve at least 3 hours per week during the summer.
- Must be 14-17 years old. (The deadline for the age range is May 1.)
- Applicants must complete an application form and be approved through an interview.
- Pay $15 to purchase a uniform shirt.
- Ability to walk or self-transport to the appropriate station.
- Ability to stand or sit for periods of time of up to 3 hours.
- Hand dexterity and strength to handle objects up to 5lbs or as small as a bead.
- Ability to independently understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Good oral communication skills.