The Oklahoma Zoological Society (OZS), a nonprofit organization supporting the OKC Zoo’s mission, provides scholarships to offset the cost of zoo education programs. These are available to pre-school through high school students, as well as youth and adult organizations.
Please Note! ZOOfund for Kids Eligibility and Selection Process has changed!
Important Dates to Remember for the 2018-2019 ZOOfund for Kids cycle:
- September 1 - Application Submission Deadline
- September 30 - Award Notification
- January 31, 2020 – Program Scheduling Deadline
- July 31, 2020 - Program Use Deadline
- September 1, 2020 - Applications Due for 2020-2021 Scholarship Cycle
Application Guidelines: Click on the links above to access application
- Schools: Schools must select one of two program options, either classes at the OKC Zoo (Pre K – 12) OR as outreach programs at awarded site.
- Non-profit Organizations: Non-profit organizations must select one of two program options, either classes at the OKC Zoo (Pre K – 12) OR as outreach programs at awarded site.
- Libraries: Libraries are awarded outreach programs at their site only.
- A request for zoo admission only: Requests for admission to the OKC Zoo, without an educational program, are granted on a case-by-case basis and are only available to non-profit organizations. These special requests must be made by emailing email@example.com .
- Applications must be complete with all requested information provided.
- Applications must be received by the application deadline.
- Request must be from an Oklahoma based school, library or non-profit organization.
- Schools must have 80% or more of their students receiving free or reduced lunches.
- Libraries must have 80% or more of the students in their school district receiving free or reduced lunches.
- Applications must request an education program at the OKC Zoo or an education outreach program provided by the OKC Zoo.
- Preference will be given to schools, libraries and non-profit organizations within the Oklahoma City metro and surrounding areas. (Metro and surrounding areas include but is not limited to Oklahoma City, Edmond, Yukon, Mustang, Moore, Midwest City, Del City, Norman, Bethany, Piedmont, Deer Creek, Choctaw, Warr Acres)
- Previous participation in the ZOOfund for Kids Scholarship will be considered. Included but not limited to the following: organization utilized all funding available, ease of scheduling and positive behavior from participants.
- Applications are reviewed on an annual competitive basis.
- Funds cannot be used with any other Zoo or ZOOfriends specials or promotions.
- Food costs, overnight programs, rides and shows are not covered by these funds.
- Funds not used in the appropriate time frame cannot be carried over, held or transferred.
- Scholarships cover program and admission costs only. Bus allowance does not cover complete cost of transportation.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo reserves the right to pause or stop any awarded program in the instance it becomes unsafe for the animal, audience, instructor and/or biofacts.
- Scheduling is a first come, first served basis. Dates and times do fill up quickly.
- Programs may also be canceled due to severe weather.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo does not provide programs to private homes.